Located at 2600m in the grassy basin of the upper Tournalin Alpe, the Grand Tournalin Refuge is a three-story copper and stone building. Built in 1994 by the Becquet family, the refuge has 45 beds ready to accommodate hikers of all levels in cozy rooms furnished in wood from 4 to 8 beds.
FOR A CLEANER MOUNTAIN
In recent years, from an ecological point of view, the owners have made some changes to the structure:
- photovoltaic panels to produce electricity
- wood-burning thermo-cooker for hot water
- space suitable for separate waste collection
- use of biodegradable products in the catering sector (for example coffee cups)
- use of biodegradable papers (for example paper towels in the toilets)
Since its first edition in 2010, the Grand Tournalin Hut has been a regular stop for the various versions of the TOR-X trails.
TOR DES GEANTS – TOR330
TOR DES GLACIERS – TOR450
TOT DRET – TOR130
From 8 to 17 September 2023